Forum

Schweinsteiger!

FrankMead

11 Jul 2015 12:44

I really hope this is true. It looks like it, but then again, Sky were saying that Gundogan was a done deal a couple of months ago, and that came to nothing. Even if we pay the £15 million that Bayern want, it would be worth the money for the experience he will bring to our midfield. The young players we are have, and the ones we are likely to buy, can only benefit from sharing a dressing room with someone who has won everything. Strangely enough, he would be our first German player. Quite an achievement considering all of the different nationalities that have represented United over the years, amazing that we never had a German in the ranks.

Danny

11 Jul 2015 16:01

A waste of money. We should be buying players around the age of 25. This guy has won everything. How hungry is he going to be at the age of 31, having already won the world cup and the Champions League? LVG doesn't know what he's doing.

FrankMead

14 Jul 2015 19:33

Right, so what you're saying is that because he has won everything there is to win with Bayern, that he's just coming here for a final payday. What total bullshit. Look at everything Giggs won in his career, and right to the end he was still hungry to win more of the trophies he'd already won. By coming to England, Schweinsteiger has already given himself the chance to win the Premier League, FA Cup and League Cup.

FYI - Schneiderlin, Darmian and Depay, are hardly pensioners. Get a life Danny!

Giggsy'sChestRug

14 Jul 2015 19:50

Danny are you for real son? You dont think Schweinsteiger is a quality signing? I know there are no guarantees he will be a success, but this is exactly the kind of player we need. When we lost Rio, Vidic & Evra we lost a shitload of experience - and players like Carrick and Rooney dont bring that kind of authority to the team in my opinion. Plus it's another midfielder, the one department which has been lacking for years.

GeneHunt

20 Jul 2015 18:28

I dont know what Danny is on. I'm really excited that we got Schweinsteiger. That midfield has needed work on it since 2010, and it's been woefully neglected. As great as Fergie was, I think he dropped the ball a bit in his final few years. I mean, believing that people like Cleverley and Anderson were a better alternative to Pogba - whenever he leaves Juve, they are gonna make some serious profit out of that - when anyone could see that he was going to be a star in the few, rare, appearances he made in a United shirt.

Page 1 of 1