Forum

Pogba to return?

Giggsy'sChestRug

27 Jan 2015 20:04

Another set of rumours that are persistent, apparently Pogba is being lined up to come back to Old Trafford. I'm not sure how I would feel about this. On one hand, he's probably the best central midfielder in the world right now, and exactly what we need, but, on the other hand we could be talking anything from €50 million to even more than Madrid paid for Bale - for a player we let go for a minimum amount of compensation. It seems to me like paper talk, and if he does move I bet he ends up going to Madrid - I could cope with that, especially as it might impact their transfer budget, and maybe they'll leave De Gea alone for the time being. But the thought of him parading trophies around the Emptyshed or Stamford Bridge would stick in my throat a bit. What do you think, Reds?

FrankMead

27 Jan 2015 21:27

This is one of Fergie's biggest mistakes - either he failed to recognise the potential of Pogba (amazing when you consider the hoops we jumped through to sign him in the first place), or he was too pig-headed to offer him a contract. Something tells me it was the second one, especially when you consider that he played Rafael in midfield in that defeat to Blackburn Rovers.

Another thing that annoys me as well, is the midfielders who were "ahead" of Pogba in the pecking order;

Cleverley - enough said.
Park Ji Sung - Good player, but in his last season.
Anderson - too busy enjoying his KFC season ticket to play football
Fletcher - was struggling with that illness, from which he has never fully recovered. United have agreed to let him go for free should anyone make an offer.
Carrick - Divides opinion, but a totally different player.

How were any of the above a better option than signing Pogba? He made his Premiership debut a month after that Blackburn game, and it was clear he was exactly the sort of midfielder United needed - and still do. As much as I love Fergie, and will always be grateful for what he did for United, he dropped a major bollock on that one.

Giggsy'sChestRug

27 Jun 2015 19:02

Looks like he's going to the Emptyshed. That would worry me if he did.

Page 1 of 1