Forum

The most stupid article I have seen all season.

GeneHunt

19 Jan 2015 19:26

The local paper, in commenting on that lovely goal by James Wilson, called Radamel Falcao a "misfit". WTF?!?!?!? OK, so he didn't score. I watched the game, and to the best of my memory, even shot or header he hit was on target. Not one of them went wide, or over the bar. You had to feel it wasn't going to be his day when, with the goal at his mercy and a delicious pass on the way to him, Caulker got the slightest touch on the ball on knock it out of his path, actually nutmegging the Colombian striker. He also worked his socks off, coming infield and helping with the build up play. He made several intelligent runs, most of which weren;t picked up by our decidedly unintelligent midfield. I'm thinking that, had De Gea pulled off some of the saves that Robert Green did, it would have added another £5 million onto whatever Madrid are apparently going to pay us for him. On another day, Falcao would have had a Hat Trick. Misfit? It's true to say that Falcao's United career has been very stop start so far, he hasn;t had the run of the green, but whenever he's played, he always ends up being one of our best players - certainly puts in more effort than RVP. I'd love to think we will buy him at the end of the season, but if I'm honest, I'm not very optimistic about his chances.

Giggsy'sChestRug

19 Jan 2015 21:49

I think he's played really well when he's been in the team. I'm really impressed with his attitude, he's not one of these poachers who just expects the team to revolve around him (like van Nistelrooy for instance), he's willing to work for the team, and there's a lot to be said for that.

People have been saying that United wont spend £43 million on a 29 year old. They might do if they finish in the top four, because with the sort of money Woodward has been bringing into the club, it will be a mere drop in the ocean if they qualify for the Champions League. If they finish outside the top four then I think they will still spend the money, but spend it elsewhere.

From what I can tell, the amount of money we get from our two main sponsors, Adidas and Chevrolet, depends on whether we are playing in the Champions League. If we aren't then the payments would be reduced, and you would have to think that will impact our transfer budget. If that is the case, I think they will still spend a lot of money (they HAVE to) but not quite as much, and that would kill a deal such as the one for Falcao.

I would love to see him stay (certainly ahead of van Persie) but I dont know if it will happen yet

Page 1 of 1