Forum

These De Gea Rumours are not going away :(

FrankMead

18 Jan 2015 14:25

This is getting on my nerves to be honest. Even more annoying is that, unlike a certain person at the Emptyshed, who spat his dummy out over the lack of a birthday cake, we dont have any quotes from De Gea himself. When he does speak, it seems like he wants to stay at United, but that might change if we dont make top four. The papers this morning said that we are going to offer Madrid De Gea PLUS £50 MILLION for Bale? WTF?!?!?!? Shouldn't that be them giving us Bale plus money for De Gea? If you put Bale's valuation at the £85 million Madrid paid for him, and consider that we paid £19 million for De Gea when he wasn't even half as good as he is now, that like saying his value has only increased by £16 million in the last three years. Again, WTF?!?!?!? Dont get me wrong, Bale is a fantastic player, he would be an asset to any club in world football, but sacrificing the world best goalkeeper, for a player we dont actually need (not desperately anyway) doesn't sit right with me. There's not actually anything wrong with the attacking players we have right now, I think once LVG's system starts to gel, these players will show exactly WHY we dont need Bale. But without De Gea this season, we would probably be about 9th or 10th. Valdes is a good goalkeeper, you dont win the medals he's got by being crap, but he wouldn't have pulled out of the shit in the way that De Gea has done this season. My thought's are, if Real Madrid want De Gea, they are the ones who should be getting out the chequebook, not us. UNITED!!!!!

Giggsy'sChestRug

19 Jan 2015 17:48

I'm in full agreement with you here. Bale is a brilliant player, but I think once this team starts to gel then the players we have got are more than capable of taking most teams apart. Di Maria, Rooney, Falcao, Mata, van Persie (when he's on form and not sulking, like he appears to have done this season) would frighten the life out of most teams.

Valdes is a good goalkeeper, you dont lift the Champions League three times, and get in a World Cup winning squad if you aren't, but I always thought that, because no team in Spain (and most teams in Europe) could get past that Barca midfield, that their defence never got tested too much. Could say the same about Pique - terrific footballer, but I dont think he;s great at defending. Look how Bayern Munich took him apart a couple of seasons ago. Because teams never used to test Barca's defence cos most of the time they never got near it.

This brings me to De Gea. If he wants to be the best goalkeeper that ever played the game (have you read that Blog on here from a couple of months ago), he should stay in England, where he will get tested regularly. If he does go Madrid, I think his powers might wane a little, because most teams in La Liga wont test him an awful lot.

Not often I say this, put pay WHATEVER it takes to keep him. Let Madrid piss off

GeneHunt

26 Jan 2015 19:01

Just seen an article in the local rag that Madrid are being investigated over the signing of two 12 year olds from Venezuela in 2012, and if found guilty they could face a similar ban to what Barcelona have been slapped with. Can't see it happening myself, we all know how much UEFA and FIFA love Madrid.

If proof was actually needed, think about this. In 2008, when Chelsea and United were in the Champions League Final in Moscow, having two clubs from the same country was, according to Platini, "bad for football". Fast forward about four years, when it looked like we were going to get an El Classico Final, and suddenly that would be "great".

Either way, I agree with the last post - whatever it takes to keep De Gea at Old Trafford, pay it. I have no doubt it will be money well spent.

Giggsy'sChestRug

27 Jun 2015 19:06

I think we can all agree he is going to Madrid, be it this year or next. But we should definitely dig our heels in. Apparently United want £35 million, Madrid only want to pay £20m, cheap bastards. Getting through the Champions League qualifiers is worth more to United than either of those amounts, and we stand a better chance of making it with DDG between the sticks. Let him go for nothing next summer, it might be worth our while to do so.

Giggsy'sChestRug

02 May 2017 21:17

Looks like the rumour mill is back in full flow about De Gea. Beats me why he would want to go to that club, given that their fans even boo Ronaldo, their highest all time top scorer. And it's not as if he will improve as a goalkeeper playing in a team that doesn't spend much time defending is it?

GeneHunt

04 May 2017 22:56

He's a dickhead if he does go to that shite excuse for a football club. At United, he'll be a legend. At Madrid, he'd be just another player.

Page 1 of 1