Forum

Summer transfers

Giggsy'sChestRug

02 May 2017 21:54

Who do we think United are going to sign this summer? If De Gea goes, there's been a number of candidates muted, including Kasper Schmeichel and Joe Hart. Whoever we get will be a downgrade, and I've not got much problem with either's quality, but dont like the fact that we will have to cope with "City Rejects" chants from the Bitters if we were to sign either of them. Griezmann would probably be a good signing, especially as it looks like Zlatan is finished. Defensive reinforcements are a must in my opinion, given that we dont have one senior centre-back available is Bailly isn't passed fit for Thursday. Smalling and Jones cant be relied upon, especially the latter.

Danny

02 May 2017 22:07

Yeah I'm not keen on either of the two ex-City keepers, mainly for that reason alone. I wouldn't mind the Atletico keeper, I think he could be fantastic, but I'm not sure they would want to sell us their best attacker and their best GK in the same transfer window.

GeneHunt

04 May 2017 22:53

What I noticed is that because Griezmann had an off night against Real, all of a sudden he's a bag of wank according to the twitter trolls. If that was the criteria, surely Lingard would have been jettisoned rather than offered a new contract. I fai;l to see what he brings to the team. He could have had this tie wrapped up for United on two occasions tonight. Instead, people are saying we should bring Ronaldo back. I cannot agree with this at all. If he comes back and fails, it will diminish the legend that he already is at United. After all he did for us, I wouldn;t want that.

Giggsy'sChestRug

04 May 2017 23:04

I would get rid of Lingard instantly. Other than a fair bit of pace, I dont see what use he is to us. Only ever scores from 25 yards out or at Wembley. Give him a tap in and he finds row Z. I like a home grown player, but they have to be at least slightly good. Mind you, if we do make the Europa League Final, you could see him scoring the winner there.

TheSalmon

15 May 2017 23:05

Lingard is a waste of space, do not see what he gives to the team other than a bit of pace. We need some real pace in attack, I noticed that Pogba seems to have more of an effect when we play Rashford or Martial up top. When Zlatan was in the team, as great as he is, the attack looked very static. He isn;t the type of player to run in behind, which means a player with the passing range Pogba offers is kind of wasted.

Giggsy'sChestRug

16 May 2017 21:00

It looks like we are going to get Rodriguez from Real Madrid in the summer, I bet this has something to do with de Gea going the other way. As good as he is, I wonder if we are doing the right thing here. If we have to take one of Madrid's cast offs, why not Morata? We need a striker, Mourinho gave him his debut, and he hasn't exactly been an automatic choice for Madrid.

GeneHunt

17 May 2017 21:22

I dont see what the hype is with Rodriguez at all. He shows some nice touches but largley disappears from matches. Me already have Mata and Miki who do fall into that category.

Giggsy'sChestRug

28 May 2017 13:55

There's a lot of rumours saying we are going to be signing Ivan Perisic from Inter, its even been on Sky. I dont know much about him personally, some are saying it would be a great signing, others that he's an average player. Anyone seen much of him?

GeneHunt

29 May 2017 11:21

Yeah I watched the Milan derby earlier this season, and he was running the show. He's fuckin rapid.

Page 1 of 1