Forum

Time to drop Rooney?

TheSalmon

11 Oct 2015 16:08

It needs saying, but I think we might be a better team without Wazza at the moment. He's clearly not on form, maybe suffering from a lack of confidence. I dont think he is finished by any stretch of the imagination, but at the moment I think we should play Herrera at the number 10 role and drop Rooney to the bench. Give the captaincy to Smalling, he has been our best and most influential player so far this season. Dont agree with strikers being captain anyway.

Giggsy'sChestRug

12 Oct 2015 20:00

I think dropping Rooney is worth a try, seeing as he's long since lost that explosive burst of pace, and seems to slow our game down. I also agree with Herrera being given a shot at the number 10 role. He is always on the move, and as such, the team might move more fluidly with him as the pivotal point.

I do think Rooney has a major role to play at United, but he needs to be shown that he's not undroppable. Might wake him up a bit.

TheSalmon

15 Oct 2015 18:29

My thoughts exactly. It would be interesting to see how we play as a team without him. We haven't looked to good with him in the team, his touch is all off at the moment. Him being undroppable is keeping someone else, who might benefit the team, on the bench.

He didn't play for England due to injury, maybe that's a good thing.

GeneHunt

15 Oct 2015 18:30

I would definitely bench him at the moment. If any other player had played as bad as him this season, LVG would have them out of the team in an instant.

Page 1 of 1