Forum

United v City 25/10

TheSalmon

11 Oct 2015 16:06

Apparently Aguero is ruled out with injury. I hate to say it but I think that's the only way we have any chance of beating them at the moment, given how we just made Arsenal look like world beaters a week ago. I dread to think what pleasure Aguero would have got from playing against us, if he really is injured of course. I wouldn't put it past those bluenose bastards to be wrapping him in cotton wool just so that he doesn't pick up an injury before the Derby.

GeneHunt

15 Oct 2015 19:43

One of their players tweeted a picture of Aguero in training today, but I dont know if it is just that he's started running again. I hope he doesn't miraculously recover for the derby - judging by what we saw at the Emirates a couple of weeks ago I dont think our defence could cope with him at the moment.

TheSalmon

20 Oct 2015 10:06

I hope not as well. We looked much improved against Everton, the defence had a more solid look with Jones at the back rather than Blind, but you have to question how we would do at the moment when faced with Aguero.

FrankMead

26 Oct 2015 11:42

Thought we looked pretty solid all round, but without really creating much. Defensively both teams were well organised. Have to say I dont see what the big deal is with De Bruyne. He was crap at Chelsea, and all of a sudden he's worth £50 million based on one good season in Germany? Rojo had him in his back pocket all day.

I wonder how long it's going to take LVG to drop Rooney. It's definitely worth seeing how we play without him, and he's not exactly playing to a level that makes him undroppable is he?

Giggsy'sChestRug

27 Oct 2015 14:59

They were there for the taking Frank. If we'd been a bit more adventurous, we could have spanked them like we did last season. Think he should definitely drop Rooney against Middlesbrough. I know its only against a Championship side, but it would be good to see how we play without him in the team.

GeneHunt

28 Oct 2015 20:47

Yeah we should have beaten the blue bastards, especially without their best two attacking players. One thing Rooney is good at is shooting from distance (or at least, he was last time he tried it) so why the fuck doesn't he have a crack? That game was crying out for a moment of magic, and say he had done that. It would have got the press off his back a bit.

Page 1 of 1