Forum

United vs Wolfsburg.

GeneHunt

01 Oct 2015 18:20

Thought we looked great going forward, but were definitely disorganised at the back. Smalling has stepped up about 3 levels since this time last year, but he doesn't have a regular quality partner. Blind is technically a sound footballer, but he is not a natural centre back, and showed this by the way he was easily dragged out of position for their goal. He is a utility player, whose best performances since we signed him have been at left back. Thought Mata was fantastic last night. He was unlucky not to score earlier in the game when his shot was cleared off the line, but that assist for Smalling's goal was just digusting, one might say utter filth! Touch of the Cantona's about that flick. At least we have the three points. even if it wasn't the most convincing display, its something to build on.

TheSalmon

03 Oct 2015 17:08

We got the three points, that's the important thing, but on another day we would have been beaten. They had the chances to finish us, and we need to up our game a fair bit yet. If we get out of this group, we'll meet better teams than them, and if we face Barca, Real or Bayern, they wont be so forgiving in front of goal.

I think this team is looking great for the future. It kinda reminds me of around 2004-05 season, when Rooney and Ronaldo were still promising kids. Not saying that Memphis and Martial are gonna reach their level, but you get the impression that, as they mature, they will become fantastic assets to the team.

Danny

10 Oct 2015 12:46

Blind is shit and I dont think much of Memphis either. Both him and Martial have come from inferior leagues and notice who is quality and who isn't. I think it's too big a step up for Memphis.

Page 1 of 1