Forum

Transfer Window

FrankMead

11 Jul 2015 12:54

We've already signed Depay, and it looks as though Matteo Darmian will be joining us from Torino in the next few days. This is one of the prospects that excites me. I know the other Italians we have had (Rossi, Macheda, Petrucci) never made the grade at Old Trafford, but this guy is Italy's first choice right back. You dont usually tend to see too many shit defenders in their national team. Looks like the writing is on the wall for Jonny Evans (never rated him anyway), and Rafael who, as much as I like him, isn't up to the job. He's a typical Brazilian full back - great going forward, but not defensive minded. I think he punched his own ticket out of Old Trafford when he gave away that penalty against Leicester. It was such a needless thing to do, and the way he ran after him made it obvious to the ref that he was out to do him. LVG probably made his mind up about him there and then - after all, it's not the first time his impetuousness has cost United. There was an excuse for it when he was younger, but at the age of 25, you get the sense he is never going learn. Serie A beckons for that young man. If the Schweinsteiger deal is true then United will have already strengthened three areas of the pitch, and you get the sense that they aren't finished spending yet.

Danny

11 Jul 2015 15:59

I think we ought to go all out and get Gareth Bale. He's proven in the Premier League. Not convinced Schweinsteiger is the answer, he's 31. No sell on value if it doesn't work out. We should be buying players who are young and hungry.

FrankMead

14 Jul 2015 19:37

We dont need Bale, even if he hadn't turned us down twice already, I would say that. It's clear to me that LVG knows exactly what he is trying to build. Your comments about Schweinsteiger are just stupid. We dont have a lot of leaders in the team, and we need experienced players to guide the up and coming youngsters. LVG knows this, which is why Schweinstiger was a no-brainer.

Schneiderlin could turn out to be a great signing. He's given us countless problems when we've played Southampton in the last few years.

I get the feeling we aren't finished signing people yet.

Giggsy'sChestRug

14 Jul 2015 20:26

Indeed, Frank, but I also get the feeling we aren't finished selling either. Still a lot of talk about ADM going to PSG. I don't know how I would feel about that. The press refer to him as a flop, but they weren't saying that when he lit up Old Trafford during the first few weeks of his United career. If he really wants to go, then maybe a swap with Cavani might suit both parties - we need a striker, and there's no sense in keeping an unhappy player at the club, however talented he is.

I wonder if anyone is desperate enough to buy Jonny Evans?

GeneHunt

20 Jul 2015 18:24

Definitely dont need Bale. There's no doubting his qualities, but his is not a position we need to strengthen. For what it would cost to buy him, we could get two centre backs, a goalkeeper and a striker, and still have change.

Giggsy'sChestRug

30 Jul 2015 21:01

Still waiting for this "amazing" signing. Starting to wonder if we had something lined up and then it fell through.

FrankMead

03 Aug 2015 19:21

Same here mate. I'm impressed with the signings we have made so far, as we have addressed some real problem areas, but I cannot believe we are finished. As nice as it would be to get a striker in, we aren't as desperate for one as we are for a centre back.

GeneHunt

30 Aug 2015 12:38

Doesn't look like much is happening between now and the end of the window. I think we have got a good squad overall, and I'm surprised how well Blind has played so far at CB, but I worry what will happen if he comes up against someone of Aguero's quality - he isn't exactly blessed with pace.

Giggsy'sChestRug

31 Aug 2015 13:21

Apparently a young lad from Monaco is on his way for a medical. At £36 million I hope he's good. I just saw something that said he hasn't had a single shot on target this season. Also hearing rumours about Charlie Austin, which might not be a bad idea. Maybe not a World Class striker in the Aguero, Benzema or Neymar mould, he knows where the net is and has proved this in a shite QPR side last season.

FrankMead

31 Aug 2015 17:43

Yeah he's called Anthony Martial and he's just been called up to the France squad.

I agree about Austin, why not take a chance on him? It would definitely boost our striking options. Three goals in our first four Premier League games would be testament to that.

Page 1 of 2